But I was going through my computer's documents... and I came across a fic I started a while ago. And I've wanted to finish it... But I just dont have the drive or desire to work on it anymore.
So I'm going to post it for
I didn't get very far (in my opinion) but I actually do like this one. Too bad I don't plan on finishing it.
Here you go, Maki! Enjoy it!
***
Fandom: Weiss Kreuz
Characters: Ran, Shion, Kikyou
Rating: hmm... The rating isn't high. Not what it was supposed to be. XD I'd say... T for Teen? Maybe not even that? I dunno. There mostly just midfuckery.
Warnings: Mindfucking, crazy!Ran...
Notes: I like to think that Ran seeing Shion and Kikyou again after believing them to be dead again would really fuck with his head. So I realize he seems kind of OOC, but I can see it. Maybe it's just me.
Also, this fic is based off the song "Save Me" by KMFDM (Lyrics here).
Save Me - KMFDM
It was Friday night. Ran wandered through the empty streets of Tokyo. Unusual, for the streets to be so quiet on a Friday. So empty. Yet, here he was, in the middle of a deserted street. He had left the flower shop, needing a change of scenery. Maybe hit an all-night café. Just anything to get away from the flower shop. From the monotony of that place. He stopped after he’d been walking for quite some time. Looking up, he saw two figures. They looked… familiar, from what he could see. He moved a little closer. Close enough to see.
No... It couldn't be...
"Ran-kun, you've come at last." The first one spoke.
There was a deafening silence, replaced by fear. Ran knew that voice. How could he forget it? It haunted him. Which could only mean that the other one was…
"Shion." He looked to the first figure. "And Kikyou." How did they get here? They were dead! Ran had killed both of them. With the katana Shion had given him. “… What do you want?”
Shion stepped forward, smiling softly at Ran. Kikyou followed, also smiling. They looked as normal as the did when Ran had first met them upon joining Sendai.
"Ran, we've come to save you. Come with us." Shion said, his tone matching his smile.
Ran stepped back, keeping his distance. Why couldn't they just leave him alone? He wouldn't join them. He wasn't like them. That's what he told himself.
"No. I won't. Leave me alone. I need to be here. For my sister." Ran said, looking directly at Kikyou.
The long-haired man's face twitched in obvious displeasure at Ran's mention of his sister. But he somehow managed to keep smiling, though it was a difficult task. There was an obvious psychotic flare in Kikyou’s eyes, but he somehow managed to suppress it.
"Ran-kun, you're done here," Kikyou told the redhead. As if it was that simple. “Look at how you’ve misused the sword Shion gave you. You’ve killed countless people. I didn’t teach you that. Do you remember what I told you?
"Shut up!" Ran yelled. But… after all these years of nightmares, all involving Kikyou and Shion in some way… His fighting spirit was wavering. Trying to maintain a glare was hard. The young assassin was failing…
Shion held out his hand to Ran, in hopes the assassin would take it. In fact, Shion was sure he would. They’d played this game long enough with young Ran. He couldn’t fight them forever. “Look Kikyou. He’s thinking about it.”
The long-haired man let out a low laugh. “Ahh, how right you are.” He looked back to Ran. “Is he right, Ran-kun? That makes me so happy.” he said, not giving Ran enough time to answer.
And at this point, Ran couldn't fight it anymore. His inner demons ate away at him constantly. After fighting them for so long, Ran just couldn't do it anymore. Maybe... the nightmares would end now... Maybe if he just… went with Shion and Kikyou… they’d leave him alone, once and for all?
He moved forward, and took Shion's hand. He couldn’t go back now. He didn’t know where he was heading anymore.
"Save me, I can't find my way home..." Ran murmured, his expression blank. This was it. He was done. No more missions. No more killing. No more Kritiker. It was all over. Shion’s hand closed around his, and the three of them began walking through the streets of Tokyo, moving away from the inner part of the city.
“Where are you taking me?” Not that the redhead cared anymore. But this all looked… Familiar.
“I’m a little disappointed you don’t recognize it. You only spent, what, a year here?”
When they stopped, Ran looked up. Aoba City. They were at the Sendai Kritiker base, under the guise of the flower arranging school.
“Sen..dai?”
“It’s been a while, has it not?” Shion asked, looking down at his ex-disciple. He smiled gently and looked back up. It had been a while for him too.
Ran felt an arm around his shoulders and tensed. No matter what, he didn’t want either of them touching him. He looked to Kikyou, who was the one with his arm around Ran’s shoulders.
“Welcome home, Ran-kun.” Kikyou said, stepping forward and opening the door for the three of them. The inside looked the same. A few things had been moved since the last time Ran had been here, but other than that… Nothing had changed.
Shion gently urged Ran inside. It was probably very hard for the redhead to be back here. The thought made him smile, though. Ah, how he had indeed missed this place.
“Did you bring your katana?” Shion asked. For what reason remained a mystery… For now.
Ran looked up at Shion. He wasn’t sure what to say. Of course he had brought it with him. It was under his coat. He took it everywhere. Ran loved his katana. He valued it more than his own life. But why did Shion want to know? “I did… Yes. Why?”
“We just wanted to know.”
Ran didn’t like the way Shion said that. He changed his mind. He wanted to leave. Now. Screw having them help him. He’d rather wander around lost than be around them. Or at least Kikyou. He still respected Shion… He turned towards the door, surprising them both.
“Now now, Ran-kun. Where do you think you’re going?” Kikyou asked, tightening his grip on the younger man. “You can’t possibly be thinking of leaving, could you?” How silly this boy still was.
“I want to leave.”
“Well, that’s too bad. I’m afraid I can’t let you until we’ve done what we feel needs to be done, ne Shion?” Kikyou asked, looking over at the older man. When Shion nodded, Kikyou, turned back to Ran and grinned. But it was a maniacal grin… One that Ran had grown accustomed to. It caused him to shiver involuntarily. Seeing that look only made him want to leave more.
“Hand me the katana,” Shion ordered, holding out his hand to Ran. He wanted… his katana back? This confused the redhead.
“Why?”
“Just do it,” Shion said.
While Ran was wary, he also held too much respect for Shion, and did as he was told. He handed the katana over to his old mentor. And watched them both for a moment.
“Ran-kun, make yourself comfortable. Take off your coat. Stay a while, ne?” Kikyou urged, taking his own advice and slipping his own coat off. He was still wearing the same old yukata he always wore. He nodded to Shion, motioning for his to do so as well.
Shion shrugged off his coat and dropped it to the ground. He unsheathed Ran’s blade and studied it carefully. Kikyou joined him and Ran watched the two of them, not sure what to do or say. Shion handed the katana to Kikyou for him to examine it as well. He slowly slid his mission coat off as well. Before he could do anything else though, he felt the steel of his own katana against his neck.
“Ran-kun. You’ve been bad, haven’t you? Look at this blade. How could you let it get like this? Just looking, I can see how many you’ve killed. No matter how many times you wash off the blood, it stains. I could count it.” He smirked, almost like he was proud. Moving closer to the redhead, Kikyou’s gaze shifted from the blade to Ran. “I must say, though. I’m rather pleased with your progress.”
Ran shivered involuntarily. He was uncomfortable. Extremely so. “I don’t do it because I like to…”
Kikyou laughed, but not a friendly laugh. “Oh no, of course not. You’re above all that, aren’t you?” It was so amusing when Ran tried to convince himself of the fact that he was a necessary evil.
Shion said nothing, but just watched, with his arms crossed over his chest. It was amazing, watching Kikyou, For some reason, he was just fascinated with the way his partner handled the younger assassin.
The redhead backed away from Kikyou. This was too much, far too much. He looked to Shion, his eyes almost pleading. He didn’t know what to do. What was going on?
“Shion, please don’t let him do this…” Ran said, hoping to get through to him. But to no avail. Shion didn’t move, but kept his eyes fixed on the long-haired man.
But Kikyou wasn’t done. Not yet.
“So how is your sister, Ran-kun? Well, I hope?” He smirked, stepping forward. He swung the katana, stopping right against Ran’s neck again. The redhead winced and felt a trickle of blood run down his neck.
***
I hope you enjoyed what little I did to that... >.>; BE GENTLE :x
Ka-chan, Mako, Sam, Jei, and Honey: I can't wait for Y-con :D